Looking Forward to Sunday
Posted by Wendy Minton Edwards in category on July 25, 2012
At the 11:00 hour this coming Sunday, July 29, I have the privilege of speaking at FBC Four Oaks. I'm really looking forward to this special Sunday for several reasons.
1. This is their Senior Adult Day and aging adults will be recognized and expressively appreciated.
2. I will have the opportunity to encourage aging adult ministry.
3. I will have the opportunity to share about NCBAM.
4. Some of the good folk there have heard me speak before and actually wish to hear me again.
5. I didn't have to think of a message focus...the visionary leadership there already had a plan and direction in mind.
6. Per instructions...I will be encouraging aging adults to share of their wisdom, knowledge, and expertise, in order to benefit current and future church leaders.
Far too often I hear folks lamenting about unsolicited and unwanted guidance shared by churched aging adults. But this time, I'm so delighted that the wise folks at Four Oaks realize the wisdom of the years within their fine congregation and are ready, willing, and even anxious to learn from their elders.
Yes, I'm excited about the upcoming privilege of being with the Four Oaks BC congregation.
Contact NCBAM if your church would like one of the NCBAM staff to help you celebrate aging adults in your congregation.